Music

วันอาทิตย์ที่ 26 มกราคม พ.ศ. 2557

Lipsitck Review: Maybelline Color Elixir

I have a really bad addiction to lipstick, which I'm trying really hard to minimize the purchase. However, I really want to share my passion with you all, maybe it would help you make better decision whether the lipstick worth buying or not. So here we go with the first lipstick on the list. The new lip product from Maybelline "Color Elixir" in the shade "Captivating Carnation" it claims to be "A trio of concentrates delivers the color of a lipstick, the cushionary care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss." The product doesn't live up to all it claims. It doesn't have the opacity of a lipstick like a lip cream does. It looks more sheer than a lipstick, however, I totally agree on the claims that it has the texture of a balm and a shine of a gloss. 

Texture&Pigmentation: The texture of it is not that sticky like other drugstore lip gloss, might be the fact that it's a hybrid between a gloss and a balm. I actually like it a lot because I'm not a fan of a gloss at all because it's sticky but it decided to give this product a chance because of the texture that is similar to a balm. The pigmentation isn't that great on me it looks like "my lips but better" kind of color which I could use on the regular basis. Also, I don't have to look at the mirror when apply this lipstick because it is quite sheer and even if it goes outside the lip line it wouldn't be that visible.
Maybelline Color Elixir in Captivating Carnation

Packing: Here's the warning "Don't let the packing fool you." It looks like there's a lipstick tube which I think it looks really chic but once you twist the top up it's a leaf-like shape applicator with pointed tip. Another thing I like about the packing is it's small and very portable, unlike normal look of lip gloss that is skinny and long, this product is so small that it could even put it in your pant pockets (if that's necessary.)

Lasting power: It's like a normal lip gloss in the market that doesn't have much lasting power, from my observation it could be last about three or four hours without eating or drinking which I think is pretty good since it's not a lip stain. It doesn't seem to clump up after layers and layers of application as well.

Overall Score: 4/5 I would give it a 5 if it is a slightly more opaque, which it claims to be, but the consistency of it out of the tube is more like a gloss.
Before application (only Vaseline were applied)

 After application

XOXO,

G.



ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น